Vidhi invites applications for the posts (2) of Research Associates for its Judicial Reforms Initiative.
The Vidhi Centre for Legal Policy is an independent think tank doing legal research and assisting the government in making better laws. Vidhi is committed to producing legal research of the highest standard with the aim of informing public debate and contributing to improved governance. Vidhi works with Ministries of the Government of India and State Governments, as well as other public institutions, providing research and drafting support at various stages of law-making. Vidhi also conducts and freely disseminates independent research in areas of legal reform which it believes is critical to India’s future.
Vidhi is an equal opportunity employer and neither practices nor tolerates any kind of discriminatory behavior.
The Judicial Reforms Initiative undertakes both collaborative and independent research projects, it follows up the proposed reformatory actions, by liaising with the requisite governmental entities, and engaging in direct discussions to determine way-forward strategies to make reforms logistically plausible and implementable.
The Research Associate will be required to;
- undertake legal and policy research
- undertake data gathering, data scraping, and data analysis
- currently enrolled in an undergraduate or postgraduate law program in the Delhi-NCR area.
- good research and writing skills
- proficiency in Excel (familiarity in R and STATA will be an added advantage)
This is a part-time position based out of New Delhi. The Associates will be required to come into the office twice or thrice a week, depending on the project status. A stipend of INR 10,000/- per month will be given to both the Research Associates.
Interested candidates should fill out the application form with the following details:
1) Latest Curriculum Vitae (CV) in not more than two A4 pages;
2) A brief statement of motivation in applying for the position (not to exceed 200 words)
3) A recent writing sample of not more than 1000 words
The deadline to submit applications is 7th July 2019.
Queries may be sent only through e-mail, addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.